This year I decided on a slightly different approach for
. Other years I’d jump in
with both feet on November 1st, and this years I decided to do some
pre-work (which, in other years, only happened in my head). I’ve made
notes about my characters, a timeline, wrote part of the backstory
that will not end up in the actual novel, and I made an outline. I
haven’t finished it yet, still have 6 parts to go. Once I have 31
parts I can use those to write one part per day (a 1667 words).
I like this approach. Somewhere halfway I got a little stuck with how
the story should go from a certain point and I let it sink in a few
days and then came up with the answer. If this had happened during
Nanowrimo I would have lost several days (or at the least, spend them
in great frustration).
On to the last 6 parts! [progpress title=”Nanowrimo Outline” goal=”31”
current=”25” previous=”20” label=”parts”]